Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Why is lettuce the most loving vegetable? - Because its all heart

I never thought I would say this, but I no longer want to eat macaroni. Pasta is my favorite food... As of now I can’t stand the idea of eating it for another day. IM RUNNING OUT OF OPTIONS! No but seriously pasta isn’t the only thing I have over used and over eaten, my new diet is drying my taste buds to boredom.  I had to order a burrito from chipotle the other day, as I gazed into the delicious section of meat of carne, chicken, and steak, I had had to say no thank you no meat. My burrito might as well been a salad wrapped in a tortilla. If I had wanted a salad I wouldn’t have went to Chipotle, I would have gone to the lotus cafe or something. Oh but that’s right, I went to Chipotle. I wanted to eat KFC today as I caught a glimpse of that commercial red box tossed in the road of my small high school parking lot. But in that moment as I was craving fried chicken in little crunchy bite size pieces I pictured something like this...
I don’t like the thought of eating cute fuzzy baby animals, and well, that craving sure did pass.
Good news is my mom is bringing home tofu for dinner… Gee I sure do love tofu…






So I was thinking in the spirit of Valentine’s Day tomorrow, save a family of animals their loved ones and just eat chocolate… all day. I know I will be...


7 comments:

  1. Mmmm. Chocolate. Not such a bad choice.
    I searched up a couple links for you since you said your taste buds were running dry and you had gotten tired of eating pasta.
    I apologize, I'm not that tech savvy; I don't know how to shorten links, so it's all going to be one long strange of mumbo jumbo from here on. Sorry!


    Vegetarian Meal Plan - 28 days:
    http://www.eatingwell.com/nutrition_health/weight_loss_diet_plans/diet_meal_plans/vegetarian_meal_plan


    Two-Week Vegan Meal Plan:
    http://www.peta.org/living/vegetarian-living/two-week-vegan-meal-plan.aspx


    7 Day Vegan Meal Plan:
    http://myvega.com/resources/7-day-meal-plan

    (I just realized that some of those links are for dieting and I just want to point out that I'm not trying to insinuate anything, I swear. :O I literally just Googled "Vegetarian meals.)
    Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://veganhappening.tumblr.com/
    don't give up sweets :)
    -Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi ^.^

    I stopped eating red meat in 7th grade, then in 9th grade went vegetarian, and last year went vegan (although I cheat every once in a while-- I'll admit it, I had a bowl of pumpkin ice cream a few days ago).

    It wasn't that hard for me to stop eating meat because I never really liked it in the first place.

    And I hope you realize that every single time you choose a vegetarian/vegan option over meat, you are helping the environment and innocent animals! Even if you go right back to eating meat after this project, it's fantastic that for 2 weeks you abstained from contributing to the meat/poultry/dairy industries.

    I have a few suggestions for you, too:

    I use the margarine brand called Earth Balance, which contains no dairy (you said you struggled with that in class today). I think it's a really good butter substitute, actually! It tastes pretty darn good!

    I use almond milk for cereal and in coffee-- my brand of choice is called Almond Dream-- make sure to get the "Unsweetened" kind, though, either "Original" or "Vanilla" (there isn't much a difference between the two).

    There's a brand of frozen meals called Amy's Kitchen that has a lot of really good vegan food, too. I absolutely adore their Roasted Vegetable (cheeseless) pizza! You can try looking for it at Albertsons, Sprouts, and I think Target, too.

    Trader Joes also has some really good dairy-free meat-free frozen burritos at a really good price. They have vegan chocolate chips and vegan ice-cream, too.

    And if you're looking for more information, the book Thanking the Monkey by Karen Dawn is probably my favorite piece of nonfiction writing ever. It's really funny but also very informative.

    I don't know if any of this will actually be useful to you, but if you have any questions I'm happy to share :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. One more thing!

    This website: http://www.bizarro.com/vegan/index.htm

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness all of you guys are super awesome for helping me out with this! And Brigitte my mom stopped on her way home and got some of that vegan butter you were talking about and some wierd substitute of mayo haha but thanks again for all your help and support:)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh cool!

      (also I was so wrong the almond milk is called Almond Breeze ooops)

      Delete
    2. Ah! I use the same milk!
      WE'RE MILK BUDDIES!

      Delete